A Portable, Versatile Answer to Low Vision Needs
For students, professionals, and others with macular degeneration, retinitis pigmentosa, or other forms of vision loss, the ONYX® Deskset XL is a perfect magnification solution that goes where you go in one easy-to-carry, self-contained package. The ONYX Deskset XL fits in any classroom, business, or home and moves from one viewing situation to the next as quickly as you do. Plug it into any standard wall plug, and it's ready to deliver crisp, clear magnification.
The ONYX Deskset XL 17, with a 17" monitor, magnifies from 1x up to 64x. The ONYX Deskset XL 19, with a 19" monitor, magnifies from 1.1x up to 71x. The widescreen ONYX Deskset XL 22, with a 22" monitor magnifies from 1.3x up to 96x. The widescreen ONYX Desket XL 24 magnifies from 1.6x to 104x.
Unique Camera and Monitor Mounting System
- The low vision camera is mounted on an arm that telescopes to lift the camera, so it is easy to focus on the whiteboard or the teacher in the front of the classroom
- The mounting arm has three axes. It swings in a 350 degree arc, and the camera rotates 350 degrees on the end of the arm to look in any direction.
- The camera can be focused on the desktop directly in front of the user or moved to the side of the monitor to increase the work area
- The monitor can be raised, lowered, or tilted to the most comfortable position
Three Magnified Views
The ONYX Deskset XL offers three distinct views: distance view, document view, and self-view.
In distance view, even objects from across large rooms or auditoriums can be seen in sharp focus.
Document view gives you the ability to magnify items such as reading materials, daily business tasks, classroom assignments, product labels, and craft projects.
With self-view, you get a magnified true mirror image close up.
The camera remembers its settings in each position so you can switch back and forth between viewing modes without refocusing or otherwise readjusting the camera.
ONYX Deskset XL Models also Feature:
- A range of brightness adjustments to eliminate glare and enable viewing in low light
- Masking and Reading Lines
- A compact, lightweight design —
ONYX Deskset XL 17 weighs 16.2 lbs.
ONYX Deskset XL 19 weighs 16.3 lbs.
ONYX Deskset XL 22 weighs 17.4 lbs.
ONYX Deskset XL 24 weighs 18.8 lbs.
- Focus Lock to keep an object or document crisp and clear when working or writing under the camera
- Optional Accessory: Rolling carrying case with telescoping handle for 17-, 19-, and 22-inch models