Desktop Video Magnifier with OCR and Speech
The TOPAZ OCR combines video magnification and text-to-speech features into a single desktop video magnifier. The high-definition camera produces a clear picture with sharp images and crisp text. This lets you use a lower magnification to maximize the amount of information displayed on the screen. It also reduces the need to move the XY table as much when reading text, looking at pictures, or working on crafts and other projects.
The TOPAZ also includes an OCR camera. A simple screen tap changes TOPAZ from a video magnifier to a scanning and reading device with speech. When in OCR mode, TOPAZ displays, processes, acquires, and reads aloud the document currently displayed on the screen.
- All the features of our standard TOPAZ XL HD magnifier PLUS...
- 24-inch touchscreen display
- The high-definition camera provides a crisp image that is easy to read at all magnification levels
- Widest field of view to fit more text on the screen at once, for greater productivity with less fatigue
- Use the optional GEM® image management software to view, capture, and save magnified images from TOPAZ to your computer
The lightweight TOPAZ® PHD offers the comfort and productivity features of a desktop video magnifier but folds away like a laptop. With auto-focus, a wide magnification range, intuitive controls, six default and 27 customizable high-contrast color modes, and adjustable reading lines and masks, the new TOPAZ PHD offers the freedom to independently read and view the details that matter in the home, office, classroom, or on the go.
- Brilliant image quality that is easy to read at all magnification levels with magnification to 31 times (on a 15-inch monitor; up to 24 times on a 12-inch monitor)
- Lightweight, collapsible, portable design
- Choice of monitor sizes: 12-inch or 15-inch
- Auto-focus camera
- Six default and 27 configurable screen color modes for a total of 33
- Document reading and self-viewing modes
- Over 9 inches of working space to write and work comfortably
- Adjustable reference lines and masks to easily keep your place and reduce glare
- Find function to quickly zoom out, locate the next area of interest, and zoom back in
- SD Card slot to quickly store images
- USB PC connectivity when used with GEM® software
The ultimate desktop video magnifier, TOPAZ XL HD provides high-definition magnification with the sharpest image and the crispest text, allowing for low magnification levels that fit more text on the screen for faster reading and better comprehension with less fatigue. With its extra features and computer connectivity, TOPAZ XL HD is the video magnifier of choice for those looking for maximum productivity in work and school environments.
The Topaz XLHD comes with 3 sizes of monitors - 20", 22", and 24".
- All the features of our standard TOPAZ HD and TOPAZ EZ HD models PLUS...
- High-definition camera to provide a crisp image that is easy to read at all magnification levels
- 1080p resolution
- Widest field of view to fit more text on the screen at once, for greater productivity with less fatigue
- Position Locator to pinpoint the area you see on the monitor
- Use with GEM® and OpenBook® Scanning and Reading Software to send the image from TOPAZ XL HD to your computer to read it aloud
Simple to Use, Yet Packed with Features. The TOPAZ HD desktop video magnifier blends practical performance with features and usability. The TOPAZ HD not only offers a high-definition camera with a wide magnification range, but also includes advanced features such as Reading Lines and Masks, Focus Lock, Freeze Frame, and the Find Feature, along with 33 color modes. The TOPAZ HD also includes the unique Enhanced Full Color Mode - perfect for viewing newspaper print, photos, and maps.
- Magnification to 64 times (on a 24-inch monitor)
- Choice of widescreen 20-inch, 22-inch, or 24-inch monitor
- Auto-focus camera
- Accurate colors and even illumination with no glare to minimize fatigue
- 33 screen color modes including high-contrast full color, true-color, and grayscale to fit your viewing needs
- Over 8 inches of working space to write and work comfortably
- Unique can and bottle holder holds round objects steady
- Extra-wide reading table to smoothly glide large books and objects under the camera
Other Helpful Features
The Optelec Compact 4 HD is the first High Definition video magnifier that uniquely combines all the benefits of a hand-held and dome magnifier in a single design for a comfortable reading experience.
Use in combination with the detachable magnetic stand, and the Compact 4 HD’s special soft-touch coating is easy to grip and slides effortlessly over letters, books, magazines and photographs at an angled raised position. Without the stand, it becomes a pocket-sized, thin and lightweight magnifier for use on the go. Adjust the display settings to meet your specific needs by using the special large icon menu.
- Two parts incorporated in a single design and consisting of a viewer and detachable magnetic stand
- Continuous magnification of 1.7X to 12X
- High Definition auto-focus camera for superior images and intuitive reading
- 4.3-inch full color TFT widescreen display
- High contrast viewing modes for easier reading (set up to 4 combinations from a possible choice of 16)
- Angled screen for comfortable viewing (when positioned on the detachable stand)
- Designed to move smoothly over reading materials or hold for use on the go
- Innovative LED lighting design for even illumination
- Snapshot function with audio indication sounds
- Large icon settings and information menu
- 3-hour continuous use rechargeable battery; large icon battery status
- Portable and lightweight at only:
- Viewer: 8.7 ounces
- Viewer with stand: 13.6 ounces
- Viewer: 5.1 x 3.2 x 1.1 inches
- Viewer with stand: 5.1 x 3.7 x 2.9 inches
- 2-year standard warranty
Makes Reading Easy Again
Does reading your newspaper or favorite book become too tiresome with a video magnifier? Do you lose time searching through text? Now enjoy the Optelec ClearView+ Speech, a completely new approach for the integration of OCR and text-to-speech technology in a desktop video magnifier. Just sit back, relax, and listen to any printed documents as they are read aloud.
The ClearView+ Speech combines video magnification and accurate text-to-speech that makes it easy to select what you want to read. It allows you to enlarge materials to a more comfortable size or change the high contrast viewing modes with one master dial. To activate the Speech feature, just simply touch the screen and instantly enjoy listening to articles, letters and books with a natural sounding voice and full page overview.
The Optelec ClearView+ Speech is available as a complete system or as a separate module. Thanks to its compatibility, all existing ClearView+ models (G1 & G2) will be upgradable; meaning you too can enjoy the new Speech functionality if you're an existing ClearView+ user!
Read with reliable Speech Technology
The ClearView+ Speech can instantly convert printed text into speech. Now you can enjoy having access to accurate information in a way that is most comfortable and easy for you, especially long text. The Point & Read interface allows you to simply touch the screen for the Speech feature, and then sit back, relax and listen. You also have the option to select video magnification to view photos, bills and read shorter text.
Capture the whole page and navigate quickly
The ClearView+ Speech displays full pages and automatically identifies the document or photo layout. Switch instantly between full view and navigate to various sections. Never lose track of where you are again!
Point directly at columns or words and read
To scroll within the magnified document, swipe your finger on the 24-inch HD touchcreen monitor. Simply tap a paragraph, column or word to activate the Speech function and instantly enjoy listening to articles, letters and books. That's how easy it is!
Store documents or view your favorite photos
You can enjoy the convenience of saving documents or viewing digital photos on a SD card or USB drive and access them when you need them.
- Intuitive 24" HD Touchscreen monitor
- - Read long documents with accurate and reliable Text-to-Speech
- - Point directly at a column, paragraph or word & Read
- - Capture the whole document with Full Page overview
- - Navigate quickly with intelligent document layout recognition
- - Swipe your finger to scroll through the magnified text or photos
- - Read text in high contrast while viewing pictures in original color
- - More than 50 reading voices in over 30 languages
- - Document and photo storage to reference later
- - Picture viewer with zoom and slideshow options to view favorite photos
- - Continuous magnification of 1X to 85X (depends on model type)
- - Ergonomic product design with customizable features
- - Built-in high sound quality stereo speakers and headphone port
- - Compatible with all existing ClearView+ Systems and easy to upgrade
- - 3-year limited warranty
The ZoomText Large Print Keyboard is designed for anyone who struggles to see the lettering on their keyboard. The new ZoomText Large-Print Keyboard makes typing faster and easier than ever before. Each key and button label is easy to see, even in low light, thanks to its 36-point text and choice of high-contrast color schemes: "Black-on- Yellow" or "White-on-Black".
The ZoomText Large-Print Keyboard also provides quick access to ZoomText features. Eighteen dedicated buttons allow you to instantly start ZoomText, change magnification levels, toggle screen enhancements, launch AppReader and DocReader, and more, all without having to memorize hotkeys. You can even reassign each feature key to your choice of ZoomText commands, Internet and multimedia commands, or to open an application, document or web page.
The Optelec TwinView is the first 24-inch full High Definition low vision monitor designed for students and professionals who work with a PC and also need magnification. The TwinView combines the images of a desktop vide magnifier, such as the Optelec ClearView+, and a PC simultaneously on one monitor with intelligent, fully automatic split-screen capability. With just a few user-friendly controls, productivity is improved by more overview, less toggling and advanced functionality.
- 24-inch High Definition widescreen monitor with a matte screen finish
- Adjustable magnification of 1X up to 95X and multiple high contrast viewing options (only with the ClearView+)
- Automatically adjusts the horizontal or vertical split-screen position
- Unique 178º wide viewing angle
- Free-standing, height-adjustable flexible monitor stand for a more comfortable reading posture
- Highest HD resolution image quality with split-screen (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Fast and responsive real-time split-screen (60 frames per second)
- Easy-to-use large buttons with high contrast icons
- Compatible w/ ZoomText (>v. 9.4) or SuperNova (>v. 11.50)
- Option to mount to an off-the-shelf monitor arm or in-line with the ClearView+
- Monitor weight: 14.8 lbs with stand; 8.8 lbs without stand
- 3-year standard warranty
The Presto is Ash Technologies entry level desktop video magnification unit. The compact design is structured around simplicity, mobility and ergonomics for the user. The Presto is ready to go from the moment it is out of the box. Designed with our customers' needs in mind, its uncomplicated design and intuitive function buttons, make the Presto the perfect companion for both young and old. The Presto also has an optional hard travel case which not only makes it easy to travel with, but also keeps your Presto safe and secure.
The Presto is a fully integrated unit with a small footprint that is easy to fold up and store making it easily transportable from home to office, classroom to classroom, or even if you have a second home - weighing only 21 pounds. There is a simple 4 button keyboard configuration - power on/off, brightness, zoom, and image mode. The monitor is a high brightness 15' TFT LCD with high speed reading optics and technology.
Blending award winning design and new technology, the Eclipse Touch delivers another 'world first' with the integration of touch screen to its compact desktop range. This unique product is intuitive and simple to use. The crisp image quality and its high reading speed technology is achieved with Ash's unique blend of premium electronics, optics and patented product design. Personal preferences can be simply chosen to suit your specific needs through the new touch screen controls. Move the unit around with unrivalled ease with its compact folding and lightweight design. There is no assembly or set up configuration required! Full color and continuous auto focus with semi-colors, line-markers and overview mode, the Eclipse is a powerful performer in the home, work, or educational environment. The Eclipse Touch has an integrated 15" high brightness, high contrast TFT display that is ergonomically positioned at optimum head height for comfortable reading.